Summary of Qualifications
Infrastructure and Security engineer with a wide range of skill sets. Experienced in AWS, Storage and Content delivery, enterprise networking, and security assessment and remediation.
AWS: S3, Snowball, CloudFront, Storage Gateway, SES, Glacier
Networking: Switching and routing, IOS and NX-OS, OSPF, EIGRP, iBGP, DNS
Scripting: Powershell, Python
Operating systems: Windows vista / 7, Windows server 2003-2012, Linux
Security: ACAS (Nesus), DISA stig implementation, AWS
Amazon Web Services - Cloud Support Engineer
08/2016 - Present
- Troubleshoot AWS REST APIs.
- Provide Advanced Troubleshooting for Simple Storage Service (S3).
- Provide Advanced Troubleshooting for Snowball and Snowball Edge.
- Assist AWS Customers with utilizing AWS Gov Cloud Regions.
- Work with AWS Account managers and solutions architects to design solutions for customers utilizing AWS services.
- Work with internal AWS teams to improve services.
Enlisted U.S. Coast Guard
03/2008 - 08/2016
Lan Network Engineer
Jan 2015- 08/2016
Telecommunication information systems Command - Enterprise Network Product line.
- Research and develop new technologies such as; RSA Secure ID, Cisco ACS, Cisco ISE, Cisco Prime infrastructure.
- Develop configuration baselines for new switch models.
- Engineering Support for 3,000 LAN network devices
Senior security/systems engineer
Oct 2015 - Dec 2015
Telecommunication information systems Command - Enterprise Information Systems Infrastructure Product line
- System center configuration manager 2012 supporting 50,000 clients across the United States.
- System Center Orchestrator 2012
- Training Junior Engineers on System Center Configuration Manager Troubleshooting.
- PowerShell Scripting and automation
- Identified root causes of package distribution problems. Developed plan to automate identification and repairing issues. Provided training and documentation for addressing issues when automated repairs do not work.
- Developed and implemented monitoring plan utilizing existing tools such as What’s up Gold and System center Operations manager to provide Network operations center with relevant information and actionable alerts to monitor over 350 System Center servers.
Systems and Network Administrator
July 2012 - OCT 2015
- Tier – 3 and 4 support for Coast guard networks and systems in the Pacific Northwest, including over 250 routers and switches.
Maintain 2500 windows workstations and 40+ windows servers
- Utilize Powershell to automate windows administration tasks.
- Vulnerability assessment and remediation utilizing Nesus.
- Train junior technicians on networking, windows system troubleshooting, and vulnerability remediation.
- Designed and implemented Layer 3 switching network at a large Coast Guard unit in Seattle. Including migrating 700 client machines, 150 network switches and 20 Servers while keeping legacy and new network operational. The new network is more secure and operate with lower overhead.
- Automated the deployment and configuration of networking devices to facilitate aggregated logging for security and maintenance analysis. utilizing Cisco Lan management for deployment and Splunk for log aggregation and searching.
- Designed and implemented network monitoring system for 200+ network devices and 30+ servers in the Pacific Northwest in a consolidated UI for NOC monitoring. . System utilizes SNMPv3 and ICMP to monitor and alert on failures. This system has greatly decreased resolution time for major outages.
- Designed a Windows Deployment Services based Windows 7 Enterprise deployment as a baseline image for use by 50000+ workstations. This was instrumental in assist IT Engineering Departments nationwide by having a reproducible image to mitigate security concerns and validate software deployments.
- Interconnecting cisco network devices 1 and 2
- VMware Vsphere Fast track 5.1 – VCP5-DCV Exam Prep
- CompTIA Security+
Military Training Center - Information Systems Technician A and C School
- NIDA – Electronics Theory and Testing
- Premise Distribution – Install & Test Horizontal & Backbone Cabling, Ship to Shore
- Telephone Systems – Nortel Release 7.0, EON, Avaya Remote Branch Office
- Special Circuits – Voice Over IP, T1 Communication, ISDN, HDSL
- Fiber Optics – Fiber Optic Theory & Fiber Optic Cable Plant Installation
- System Administration – Windows 2003, 2008r2
“C” School Curriculum
- EON – Voicemail System
- Information Systems Management
- 2016 AFCEA Copernicus award and Coast Guard Commendation Medal
- 2015 AFCEA Copernicus award and Coast Guard Commendation Medal
- Boy scouts of America Eagle Scout 2007
- 802.1x and Cisco ISE
- Linux - Debian and Arch
- PFSense firewall
- Linux based Mail server Postfix / dovecot
- Network Simulation and Configuration: GNS3 and Cisco Packet Tracer
- PowerShell scripting